GERME S.A. develops and commercializes for your needs specific biological products of pollution cleaning.
These products are prepared with micro-organisms belonging to its own culture collection of natural and wild strains.
According to its ethics, the selected micro-organisms in its laboratories are not genetically transformed and do not belong to the groups 2, 3, 4 defined by the European directive 2000/54/CE of the 18th September 2000, comprising hazardous biological agents considered to be human pathogens.
For more than 35 years, the selection of micro-organisms from a wide diversity of ecosystems has enabled GERME S.A. to constitute a very important culture collection of micro-organisms of industrial interest.
Since its creation, GERME S.A. is specialized in the pollution treatment by biotechnological way.
From numerous research works, GERME S.A. has selected a significant number of micro-organisms with targeted purification properties enabling to eliminate toxic or non desirable substances.
Its competences enable to intervene on depollution and also valorization issues. Indeed, GERME S.A can proceed to the following steps:
- Selection of micro-organisms with metabolic activities susceptible to intervene in elimination or transformation of polluting or targeted substances,
- Implementation of these micro-organisms in a process of effluents treatment,
- Possible extraction of average or high added value products contained in the effluents,
- Possible transformation, by microbial or enzymatic way, of products contained in the effluents, into average or high added value molecules.
The design of the biological process is done in a first time at laboratory scale, then at pilot scale enabling to define the purification or transformation yields; and then, in the framework of partnership with engineering companies, GERME S.A. can prescribe industrial treatment facility.
GERME S.A. owns selected micro-organisms with capability to:
- Degrade compounds such as hydrocarbons, PolyChloroBiphenyls, Volatile Organic Compounds, …
- Concentrate metals.
Several examples of GERME S.A. achievements:
- Industrial effluent treatment (including effluents containing radionuclides),
- Treatment of surface or underground water,
- Polluted soils treatment,